Friday, October 17, 2008

Sam Raimi Chats Spider-Man 4 and Lizard Possibility

October 16, 2008
Source: MTV
by Alex Billington


It's almost pointless to talk with Sam Raimi about Spider-Man 4 or 5 right now, because the movies are so far out that there's not much he can say. However, I do always enjoy hearing whatever Raimi has to say just because he's such a big geek and is still one of my favorite filmmakers. MTV caught up with him recently and spent some time talking about the future of Spider-Man, covering as much ground as they could, including eventually a particular villain that I know everyone wants to see. And although there isn't a script yet, it's very exciting to hear him talking about Spider-Man 4 for the very first time.

"I'm really excited about Spider-Man, and I'm hoping to direct it," Raimi said, contrary to confirmations that he was officially signed on. "I don't have a script yet, but production would start probably by March of 2010, I'm guessing. It sounds like a long time away, but we need a script first, and a lot of pre-production has to take place." And as for those rumors that they'll shoot Spider-Man 4 and 5 back-to-back, he confirms that its been mentioned. "That had been talked about… It's Amy Pascal's decision. I don't think it has been decided yet, and she's the one that's really going to make that decision; I'm really curious myself."

Let's get on to some of the juicy details. Raimi doesn't have much to hint at, because there aren't finished scripts, but he did mention a few interesting things. Obviously the stories in both films would be very closely linked, but even he doesn't fully know what it they'd be about. "It just hasn't been written yet," he reiterates. And what about villains? Will we ever see Dr. Connor turn into Lizard? "He's a great actor, and I think one day The Lizard's story will be told," Raimi confirms. "I don't know if it will be this one or not. I just don't know. I'm definitely hoping to work with Dylan in the picture. I just don't know who the villain is yet."

Raimi also chats about the possibility working with Kirsten Dunst again, as well as James Franco, Willem Dafoe, and Cliff Robertson, who played Ben Parker. As I said at the start, he doesn't have much to say besides some hopes regarding the story and actors, but it's still our first word from the guy who built the modern cinematic Spider-Man from the ground up. At this point I'm getting more excited thinking about the return of Spidey than dreading it. I remember those days, before Spider-Man 3 had ever hit theaters, when I was more excited to hear from Raimi about Spider-Man than I was to hear from Nolan about Batman. Hopefully we'll get back to that level of excitement again soon enough.
Source :www.firstshowing.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails